Thursday, June 5, 2014

Inspired......



Inspired....

I was listening to Mariah Carey the other day and pondering on what or who actually inspired me to start writing. Hah! me? I was never known to be a sentimental person. Well, I finally dug out my 'diary' the other day which i kept tucked away in the bedroom drawer for almost a decade. This 4" X 6" note book was filled with so much raw emotions that I could feel myself tearing....vivid memories that I've penned down so that I would not forget. Happy ones, regrettable ones and downright silly memories that made me laugh.....

 I sort of stumbled upon a picture of me and my parents on my graduation day, glued to the back of its front cover. My eyes automatically scanned for my late mother's face in the picture and on one of it's pages read:

"Never really cherished what I had till I've lost someone really dear to me. My mom. This was perhaps my most accomplished moments so far, my graduation. I managed to emerge top in my class. It was a great event. Family, boyfriend and friends were there for the ceremony. It was a great feeling. I guessed my mother's death actually inspired me to write. Writing was my outlet for grief, unspeakable sadness due to her untimely death. Writing made me realised that life must go on and I promised myself that I will live my life to the fullest and cherish the people in my life. I missed my mom so much. Mom, you will always remain in my heart till the day I die. I love you mom."

No comments:

Post a Comment