Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The best ice cream experience I ever had

The Best Ice Cream experience I ever had?…..mmmm lets just say that there was never a best experience but all ice cream occasions could be summed up as my best life experiences…..

I grew up on ice cream. Come to think of it, I still remember when I was just a little girl, my dad used to take me and my sister to this ice cream parlour located in SS2. The parlour was beautifully decorated and everything seems to be in pretty pink. From the colour of the walls, to the tables and chairs and even the countertops were all in pink hues!

Not only that, the owners liked to show the cartoon ‘The Pink Panther’ through a projector on the wall as we were enjoying our cup of ice cream. I also remembered that they loved to garnish the ice-cream with these little wooden-stick umbrellas which I collected and meticulously used when we were playing with our Barbie dolls. I really love my visits to that parlour as I feel that I am being cocooned in a whole new world filled with love and flurry animals. I believe that was when I started associating ice cream with all things nice.

As I grow up, everyday after school sessions ended, I love to buy ice-cream ‘potong’ from this uncle from the roadside for a mere 20 cents. It was artificially coloured and flavoured but still tasted good! Hey, what do we know then?.....cring cring cring….the sound of the bell from the ice vendor is here….hooray! Ice cream then was associated to a job well-done at school and I used that excuse to reward myself often.

When I was in my teens, ice cream buffets were the fads. People actually paid to have ‘All you can eat’ ice creams at the outlets and boy was it heaven. Flavours of ice creams also expanded from the common chocolates, vanilla, corn and strawberry to a variety of flavours ranging from butterscotch to cookies and creams. Ice creams then was associated to good fun with friends and also love for that special someone……

Now when I am more matured and subdue, health has become more important. Hence, I love to frequent the New Zealand Natural outlet from where I work for their fat-free versions of ice creams. Cookies and Cream is still my favourite choice and if I had a bad day at work, I can just lounge at the outlet with a New Zealand Natural brownie topped with ice cream. Ice cream to me is a healthy stress reliever. My husband is also a fan but he prefers the milk shakes from New Zealand Natural.

There you have it! My ice cream life experiences ………

No comments:

Post a Comment